Here is an example of an unplugged algorithm. For this activity we had to make a step of instructions that can be followed on how to make toast with butter and vegemite. It is an unplugged algorithm because there is no use for a computer. This challenge is easy as buttering toast with butter and vegemite is basic and everyone should know how to come up with steps of instructions to follow.
what you will need:
- cutting board
instructions to follow:
- Get everything ready to go (ingredients etc).
- place a piece of bread in the toaster and set it to a time limit (e.g. 2 minutes).
- once the toaster has popped, take the toast out of the toaster.
- place the toast on a cutting board
- using a knife spread the butter over the toast-then complete this step again but with Vegemite.
- you can either leave the toast as whole or cut into pieces, (choice is yours)
- place on a plate and serve.